Sample Resume References
Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Public Health, MA
April 09 – Till Date
Project Description: Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Division of Health Professions Licensure (DHPL) is an agency within the Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation with 8 boards of registration. The health care boards are charged with evaluating the qualifications of applicants for licensure and granting licenses to those who qualify. The board is responsible for licensing and regulating the activities of over 330,000 individuals, corporations and partnerships. The project involved in Oracle Real Application Clustering (RAC), upgrading the Oracle/SQL Server, Replication from Oracle to SQL Server, Database Space Management, Performance Tuning, Automating Jobs, Backup/Recovery of Test/Productions databases, Shell/SQL/PLSQL Scripting and Reporting
- Installed and Configured Oracle Server 10g.
- Designed, installed and provided maintenance and support of Oracle RAC/ASM.
- Monitored the transparent application failover (TAF) status.
- Maintained RAC database backups/ recovery using RMAN.
- Added new nodes in a RAC environment.
- Performed addition/ backup of voting disk and oracle cluster registry (OCR).
- Troubleshoot RAC performance issues related to interconnect and ASM and troubleshoot RAC database issues using OEM.
- Setup schema replication from Oracle to SQL Server and performed monitoring of the replication status and troubleshooting the issues.
- Analyzed query Explain Plans and rebuild Statistics.
- Involved in Performance/ Application tuning at the server level (identifying and modifying Init.ora parameters), SQL Tuning, gathering statistics using the DBMS_STATS and extracting AWR reports and using 10g Advisors.
- Recreatedthe database links, created profiles and revoked unwanted permissions to provide more secure environment for controlling access to databases.
- Migrateddatabases from Windows to Linux using RMAN Convert.
- Createdand tested materialized views for aggregate and complex queries for performance.
- Monitored Oracle Databases using UNIX scripts for tablespaces monitoring, object growth and checking Alert logs for errors etc.
- Developed UNIX Shell/Perl Scripts to monitor/manage RAC components.
Environment: Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server 2005/2008, Linux/Windows NT, RAC, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, OEM, AWR & ADDM, RMAN, ASM, STATSPACK, UNIX Shell & Perl Scripts